Before you come in
-Avoid plucking, waxing and threading your brows for a couple of weeks leading up to your appointment. The more hair I have to work with, the better. Any hair that falls outside of your desire shape will be removed at the appointment.
-Do not drink stimulating beverages such as caffeine(right before appt.), alcohol or energy drinks the night before or day of your treatment.
-No sun tanning for three days prior.
-I recommend waiting at least two months before botox patients receive microblading treatments to ensure proper skin expressions.
-Avoid skin rejuvenation treatments for at least 4 weeks before your appt.
-You can wear makeup to your appt. if you wish. I will remove all makeup on and around your brows at your arrival.
The aftercare is pretty simple and will yield great results as long as you follow these rules.
Allow your brows to absorb the pigment the first day. Gently blot them with a napkin if you have any excess lymph fluid.
Wash Days (Days 1-7)
- Wash brows GENTLY with baby shampoo (original Johnson + Johnson is best) 24 hours after procedure.
- With a very light touch, use your fingertips to gently cleanse the area.
- Rub the area in a smooth motion for 10 seconds and rinse with water ensuring that all soap is rinsed away.
- Always pat dry with a napkin. Be careful not to rub pigment off.
Moisturize and hydrate (Days 1-7)
-Apply a tiny amount of any of these hydrating products aquaphor, jojoba oil, coconut oil 2-3 times a day with a q-tip and spread it across the treated area. Be sure not to over-apply, as this will suffocate your skin and delay healing. The product should be barely noticeable on the skin.
-Do not put the product on a wet or damp tattoo.
-Avoid washing your face in the shower.
-Avoid hot water.
- No direct sun exposure
- No make-up or product on your brows for the first 7-10 days.
- Do not pick, scratch, or peel the healing area.
-No facials, Botox, chemical treatments and microdermabrasion for 4 weeks.
-Avoid using anti aging, acne products
-ALWAYS wear SPF to avoid premature fading.
Following aftercare carefully will give you the best possible results and longer lasting brows! Check out this chart for potential healing experience.